Mountainbiking Association of Dublin

News | Calendar | Rides | Racing | Beginners | Gallery | Video | Mailing List | Links

Ireland's Premier Mountainbiking Club

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

New MAD club jerseys - order by March 14th

A sneak peek at the new jerseyHi all,
MAD is already the premier Irish mtb club - and it's about to become the best dressed.

We are now taking orders for the newly designed MAD club jersey. We want to have these by April 23rd (first NPS race) so we need you to place your order as soon as possible. I need to receive your order by March 14th and will collect payment soon after.

The design is being finalized but the main colours will be black and green. You can email me if you want to see a rough draft.

The cost will be approximately €40 per garment but will depend on the total number ordered - we hope to reduce this a bit if the order is large enough. They are available in sizes Small to XX Large (I take a Large if that's any indication).

Depending on demand we may put rider names (or any text you like) on each jersey. Bear in mind this will make it difficult if you need to swap a jersey with someone else for size.

Please send the following information to jerseys@madmtb.com:

  • Name:
  • Phone number:
  • Email:
  • Number of jerseys:
  • Size (S-XXL):
  • Long/Short sleeve:
  • Name/Text on back (if wanted):

Remember, March 14th is the deadline.

Thanks,
Morgan

11 Comments:

  • At 7:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    Just wondering if the jearseys are same as clothes sizes (like t-shirt sizes).. having never met Morgan I have no idea of what size large is! ;)

    Interested in the jearsey tho!

    :D

     
  • At 9:02 p.m., Blogger Sean said…

    Hi,
    Morgan is, by his own admission, a toned, buff and muscular 6ft 2"...the perfect alpha male specimen.
    Working from that they seem to be fairly similar to t-shirt sizes. If in doubt, buy larger, unless of course you like tight clothing. Either way, buy a jersey. Or four.
    Sean

     
  • At 9:09 p.m., Blogger Morgan said…

    Generally jersey sizes are a bit smaller than regular clothes (I have one which is XXXL). These ones are fairly close to normal though. Here are some figures I don't understand:

    ----------Women-------Men
    Small-----34/36------44/46
    Medium----38/40------48/50
    Large-----42/44------52/54
    X-Large---46/48------56/58
    XX-Large--50/52------60/62

    I think those are European sizes

     
  • At 9:10 p.m., Blogger Morgan said…

    Sean, you're starting to worry me. First chamois cream and now this...

     
  • At 9:18 p.m., Blogger Sean said…

    shhh Morgan you'll give off very wrong impressions of me. And besides, chamois cream is purely for eliminating a little saddle sore issue I've been having lately. Haven't got the cream yet, probably never will. Something about applying it doesn't seem "right" to me.
    Oh and regarding jersey sizes, these seem to be the only ones I too have ever come across with remotely realistic sizing. Weird.
    Sean

     
  • At 2:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really... well.. if you all look like Morgan I really will have to make a special effort to get out with you guys! haha

    Anyway, to confuse matters...

    Women's sizes
    British European

    6 36
    8 38
    10 40
    12 42
    14 44
    16 46
    18 48

    Men's sizes
    British European
    36 46
    38 48
    40 51
    42 54
    44 56
    46 59

     
  • At 2:54 p.m., Blogger Morgan said…

    Maybe this will clarify things:

    .........MAD Club Size
    Small......Sean
    Medium...Nigel
    Large......Morgan
    X-Large....Mick
    XX-Large...Paddy

     
  • At 3:05 p.m., Blogger Paddy said…

    cheeky bugger ... i'm only a small fella!

    its just insulation for the winter ...

     
  • At 4:21 p.m., Blogger Sean said…

    Morgan, I contest that remark, if indeed the size you refer to is clothing size. At only 2 inches shorter than you and a similar build, I at think I deserve a large. as an aside, I haven't had a size small clothing garment since I was 13 years old!
    but maybe you're not referring to that at all, and have something "different" on your mind.
    Sean

     
  • At 3:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im just dissappointed I was mentioned :( Surely I at least deserve the XXXL!

    With my propish (rugby) body...

     
  • At 3:37 p.m., Blogger Morgan said…

    Hi Steve, I was going to put you down as XS but I thought you'd suffered enough as "Santa's Little Helper" in the Champs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home