Mountainbiking Association of Dublin

News | Calendar | Rides | Racing | Beginners | Gallery | Video | Mailing List | Links

Ireland's Premier Mountainbiking Club

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Weekend Plans

Saturday - Yellow House 10am. A local spin as usual, about 3 hours max. Destination will be decided depending on who turns up and where they want to go.

Sunday - UL are hosting an NPS in Killaloe, Limerick. If you are making the trip, and have room in your car, let Sean know as I think there may be a few stuck for transport. If anybody else can't make it to the race like myself and fancy taking a spin on Sunday then give me a shout.

Happy Biking
Nigel
087 9335 403
poloholemint @ gmail DOT com

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 a.m., Blogger Paddy said…

    and the showers ... all race should have showers afterwards!!

    A big well done also to Team Lurve (ryan and mel) for their podium positions. Mel won the Elite ladies race!!!! A fantastic result that and completely overshadowing ryans paltry 3rd place in the experts! You'll have to do better the next time ryan

    ;-)

     
  • At 11:28 a.m., Blogger Fergal said…

    The MAD-on-podium dream is becoming a reality:
    Excellent result for Mel on her Elite win - really well done! also to Ryan, how they got down those menacing downhills in that weather, in one piece, is an accomplishment in itself.
    The climb was a killer, the descent even deadlier! Paddy & Tom's description of the course was spot-on - it was as tough as they said!
    As I was driving home I realised how much I liked the course, even though I cursed it the whole way round the 2 laps!
    Someone else cursing was Morgan who snapped his chain due to a broken derailleur cable, hard luck Morgan - you were really hammering up those hills on the 1st lap! (that is, after yourself and Paddy untangled yourselves at the start line-what was that all about?)
    Well done to Tom for inciting the biggest cheer of the day as he motored across the line in the heaviest downpour I have seen in years - I'd say he could barely see the finish line for the rain!

     
  • At 11:46 a.m., Blogger Ryan Sherlock said…

    I repeat all of the above - the more I thought about the race the more I liked it. I was even secretly hoping for a final heavenly downpour for my last descent to make thinks even more fun.

     
  • At 12:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really liked that course.When I was going uphill I was looking forward to the downhill and on the downhill I was relieved to have to go uphill again soon.It was soo skiddy on the first downhill bit!

    The showers and food afterwards were a great idea. Pity more riders didn't turn up though on this well organized event :(

    mel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home