Mountainbiking Association of Dublin

News | Calendar | Rides | Racing | Beginners | Gallery | Video | Mailing List | Links

Ireland's Premier Mountainbiking Club

Thursday, November 09, 2006

More Wacky Races

IMBRC Cyclocross Poster
More cyclocross news - will the madness never cease? Ireland's second best mountainbiking club - the IMBRC - are running a CX race on November 18th in Tymon Park. This is one of the most accessible race venues around - just past the M50 at Tallaght. The skinny-wheeled freakshow is open to MTBs as well and the race only lasts about an hour so there's no excuse not to have a go. I might even try it myself to see what it's really about. Click below for more details.

Labels:

Read more...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:30 a.m., Blogger Fergal said…

    "skinny-wheeled freakshow" Morgan, you are one funny dude...

     
  • At 5:24 p.m., Blogger Fergal said…

    ..and you wore your funny hat today too! I would have liked that funny hat, my ears nearly fell off with the cold, apart from that, I gotta say it was a good race, I wouldn't be a convert or anything now but it was good.
    Sean helped me a bundle not least by giving me his bike, and tips on carrying the bike (!) but the encouragement and advice on each lap was great (think I need a personal trainer) "out of the saddle and get Luke on this lap" -- ok master, I did that, "Dave next - put the hammer down and pass him" - yep ok, did that too...yeah a good day - and there was tea and sambos after too

     
  • At 8:07 p.m., Blogger Sean said…

    Well done Fergal, 20th place was a great result and a great ride for your first 'Cross race.
    Think you had a bit of a slow start but you started catching people and making good ground after that.
    Hope to see you in Corcagh next week - though hopefully I'll be back racing by then too so you won't have the 'Cross bike.

     
  • At 2:44 p.m., Blogger Morgan said…

    Here are some photos from the race.

    and here are the results.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home